Well, it’s officially time to embrace Fall. You probably have already, but it takes me a little while to accept the fact that all that cold weather is coming and our leafy privacy screens are dropping all their leaves.
What better way to celebrate this holiday than with a huge roundup of the best Fall art projects for kids? I found some really wonderful projects, and honestly I wish we could just sit around for a week or so making them all, but there’s dinner and laundry and all of that other totally boring stuff to think about.
Anyway, browse through, pin your favorites, and celebrate leaves and apples and pumpkins and stuff with your kids through art!
1. Black glue and watercolor leaves from Mess For Less 2. Not only a cool Fall art project, but one of the best art projects ever: Building with Apples from Fun at Home With Kids 3. Color blending with crayons from Art With Mr. E 4. Coloured Salt Dough Leaf impressions by The Imagination Tree
1. Leafy stencil projects– these are adaptable for any age kids 2. Mixed media pumpkin project from Marble and Mud 3. Lovely negative space/tape resist project from No Time For Flash Cards – Fall Tree Art Project 4. This is a great multi-media Fall project from That Artist Woman, and I love that the sky is bright blue! Those are the best Fall days.
1. Mrs. Knight’s Smartest Artists did Fall still lives, which I think are a fantastic way to bring Fall into the art-learning process. 2. Fourth graders did Indian corn drawings on A Little Lovely 3. Tint and Shade Leaves project by Art In The Big Green Room 4. Happy Hooligans made Bark and Paint Swatch Trees
1. This Fall Sticky Paints recipe from Learn, Play, Imagine even smells like Fall! 2. http://artforkidsandrobots.com/impromptu-leaf-creations/ are a fun way to make temporary art on a Fall day. 3. Q tips make painting Fall trees really fun on Mess For Less 4. Leaf people! from Fantastic Fun and Learning
1. Painting small pumpkins is so classic and wonderful from Dirt And Boogers 2. This link leads to a few art projects from Rockabye Butterfly, but shown is a cool smudgy pastel leaf drawing project 3. We have yet to try salad spinner art, but this Spin Art Apples project has me hankering to try it. From Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds 4. 34d2w painted faces on leaves, which is a tremendous idea.
1. Fabulous Fall collages from Happy Hooligans 2. Autumn Leaf Yarn and Nail Art from Crafting Connections 3. Mini pumpkin printing from What Do We Do All Day 4. Bubble wrap and fingerprint Autumn trees from Red Ted Art
Whew! That’s a lot of Fall art. Tell me in the comments which project(s) catch your eye the most. Happy Fall art-making!